Cheers to making it to 2021!
I know this is the time so many of us are embarking on our new year resolutions, some of which have been recycled from the previous years. But don’t we all need some encouragement even as we work on actualizing this year’s goals and ambitions. I love to read about what women who’ve gone ahead of us say about life and career choices and I want to share with you the dose of motivation that keeps me grinding as a woman.
I hope that you will be as inspired as I have been.
- “The woman who doesn’t require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” -Mohadesa Najumi
- “One of the lessons I grew up with was to stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” – Michelle Obama
3. “When she laughed she was beautiful, when she cried she was beautiful, but, when she was determined she was sexy as hell.” -Matt Baker
4. “Dear woman, Sometimes you’ll just be too much woman. Too smart, Too beautiful, Too strong, Too much of something that makes a man feel like less of a man, which will start making you feel like you have to be less of a woman. The biggest mistake that you can make is removing jewels from your own crown to make it easier for a man to carry. When this happens, I need you to understand, You do not need a smaller crown, You need a man with bigger hands.”
5. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
6. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
7. “Mirror, mirror on the wall, I’ll always get up after I fall. And whether I run, walk or have to crawl, I’ll set my goals and achieve them all.”
8. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
10. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” – Sheryl Sandberg