Applications for the Google’s Women Techmakers Scholars Program 2019/2020 are open till December 6 2018. This scholarship is open to women from Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The program is working to further Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science, and to encourage and support women in tech to become active role models and leaders in the field.
The Scholarship And Benefits
- Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- A group of undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background.
- The program is open to qualified students who meet the criteria and people who identify as female are encouraged to apply.
- All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2019 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops
- The scholarship will provide an opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development trainings and workshops.
- You’ll get access to an online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
To be Eligible, You must;
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at a university in Europe, Middle East or Africa for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
From 2014 to present, Women Techmakers is continually launching global scalable initiatives and piloting new programs to support and empower women in the industry.