Applications for the Princess Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa Global Award for Women’s Empowerment are officially open till August 31 2018.The award aims at recognizing and honoring Individual women’s empowerment champions, civil society, public and private institutions that promote women’s empowerment. The award also looks at encouraging public and private institutions, civil society, as well as individuals to strive for excellence and leadership towards women’s economic, social and political empowerment.
The winner in each of the four categories will bag $100,000.
- Highlight the contribution of the public and private sector, civil society and women’s rights champions to worldwide efforts for the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Promote women’s empowerment and equality between men and women.
- Encourage innovative approaches and solutions to achieve women’s empowerment in policy and programming, and to provide a global space to celebrate these achievements.
- Foster creative and inclusive thinking by communities to collaborate to achieve women’s empowerment, recognizing that equality for all, means prosperity for all and sustainable development for communities and nations.
- Innovate methodologies / scientific policies to fill gaps in favor of women in various sectors, and to ensure the sustainability of its application for a period no less than three years at a minimum.
- Contribute to the provision of quality services to different age groups of women in support of policies and methodologies for the empowerment of women, and gender balance.
- Development of plans and appropriate mechanisms to support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and in particular the Fifth Goal regarding “Gender Equality”.
- Promote the participation of women by studying their needs within all phases of planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Empower women to assume leadership positions, and the sustainability of their participation in decision-making positions.
- The use of sustainable mechanisms that positively impact the context of women’s empowerment and equal opportunities to the current status of women and future generations, as well as ensuring the possibility of institutional and nation-wide development and application with the least resources.
- Launch initiatives and support services to resolve the problems and obstacles faced by women in order to ensure the provision of appropriate options and alternatives for an active participatory community.
- Achieving positive and sustainable impact on the economic and community development programs targeting the poor, or the women and families who are most in need, as well as to provide a decent and safe life by contributing to reducing poverty, illiteracy and unemployment rates for women etc.