Young fellows from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania from public, private , non-governmental, education and agri-business sectors are being called upon to apply to the Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program sponsored by the U.S Department of States’ Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by Michigan State University.
The program is designed to build fellows’ capacity and skills in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system, innovation and for them to learn about issues of women’s economic empowerment.
The fellowship will take place in the United states where fellows will go through a professional internship with Michigan organizations to learn about innovation, women’s empowerment, agriculture and agro-entrepreneurship.
Who Should Apply
- Women entrepreneurs, social innovators, or small and medium business owners or managers and other leaders working in the agriculture and food sectors
- Individuals (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs working on programs that support women in the agriculture and food sectors in their respective countries
- Policymakers, ministry employees, and others in the public sector (of any gender) focused on supporting and improving opportunities for women in the agriculture or food sector
- Academic staff (of any gender) who are implementing programs to impact advancing women in the agriculture and food sectors
- One must be 25 – 40 years old
- Citizen or permanent resident of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania
- Speaks Fluent English
- Is living and working in the selected countries
- Has demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and a commitment to community.
- Is interested in participating in a reciprocal program for American participants coming to your country.
- Has employer’s support, if employed, for participating in the program or recommendation from local authorities at any level if self employed.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously had the opportunity to travel to US and are in earlier state of the careers.
The deadline for applying to the Advancing Young Women Professional Fellows Program is 8th December 2017 . Apply HERE.
Spring program: April 27, 2018 – June 1, 2018
Fall program: October 12, 2018 – November 17, 2018